Dear to the Heart of the Shepherd

Dear to the Heart of the Shepherd
John 10:11 "I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep."

Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Conference was dope.

We watched General Conference in the auditorium.  We basically only had meals and brief studying between General Conference sessions.  All I have to say, is that pajamas will always be better than church clothes, so that was not my favorite.  But, there were so many answers to questions I had, and answers to questions I didn't even know I had!  I loved it!

My favorite talk was Elder J Devn Cornish.  My favorite thing he said was that the only opinion of you that matters is that of Heavenly Father.  He said to ask Heavenly Father what He thinks of you!  The first reason I liked that so much is because that's something you've always said to me, Mom.  So it was like home. :)  But also, I've been low-key worried about going into the field.  What if my trainer hates me??  What if I know zero Spanish and then I'll just be screwed??  What if I'm not good enough to be a real missionary out in the real world and not protected by the walls of the CCM anymore???  I felt Elder Cornish's message was an answer from Heavenly Father that it's okay that I have my flaws.  And it doesn't matter that some people will think I'm crazy for going on a religeous sabbatical for 18 months.  And it doesn't matter if some people might think I'm self-righteous because I'm preaching repentance.  And my trainer MIGHT hate me, but all of that is okay because God loves me and He wants me to succeed.  God sees my celestial potential and not just who I am right this very second.  I mean, He sees that too, but He sees ALL of me.  And if I ever feel like crap, which let's be honest, that kind of happens every day on a mission, then all I have to do is ask Heavenly Father what he thinks of me and He'll tell me he loves me.  He'll tell me that I'm really good at the flute.  He'll tell me I've been so blessed with family and friends who love me tons and who support me as I do this crazy thing called a mission. 








I also liked Elder Juan A Uceda's talk.  He talked about prayer and told the Machu Piccu story.  The first thing I liked was that he was talking about Peru.  lol  But as he was talking about Machu Piccu, then I was remembering the Peruvian mountains and how scary they actually are because they are so steep.  And how as I was climbing them 2 summers ago, I was afraid of falling.  And then Elder Uceda said, "God listens to my voice, but am I listening to His?"  I've been praying to be more successful in my lessons and know how to have the spirit better.  So I felt like that was an answer to my prayers because in order to have better lessons, I need to be listening to God.  He knows the hearts of those I'm teaching while I do not, therefore I NEED his help.  When I listen to His voice, I can do awesome things.


I ended up not actually playing the flute before conference.  Our musical number was changed from Sunday afternoon to Saturday morning, and then again to Tuesday night at the devotional.  So I actually played last night.  IT WAS SO FREAKING AWESOME!!   I love playing the flute, guys.  Don't worry, I recorded one of our rehearsals so I can send you a video in about a week and a half.  But Tuesday night was better because all the Latinos and the whole CCM presidency was there!  AKA  I had a bigger audience than if I had played before General Conference.  So it worked out well.  I am so happy you had me start lessons early, Mom.  When I tried out, the guy in charge of music told me I do dynamics really well and that compliment made me happy. 

I got the doughnuts on Friday and I shared them with my district.  There's twelve of us so we each had two.  The were so so good!  Thank you!  And everyone in my district says Thank You and also that they loved them so much. :) 

I am so excited to go to Arkansas but also really nervous.  I leave the CCM on Tuesday morning at 3:30 AM... so in less than a week I'll be back in the US!  Probably don't send me any more Dear Elder letters after today because I probably won't get them.  (Well, I will, but they will be forwarded from the CCM with the next group of missionaries going to the ALRM.  But please feel free to send me some snail mail to Arkansas because I would love love love to hear from my friends and fam.  Te quero muchisimo!

*next time I write, I'll be back in the US preaching the gospel to real people! I'm so excited!

Love, Hermana Keller 

Hermana Arianna Keller

905 Pierre Drive
North Little Rock, AR 72116-3709

Love these guys and gal!



We like to have fun together.


...and some can be pretty silly!