Dear to the Heart of the Shepherd

Dear to the Heart of the Shepherd
John 10:11 "I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep."

Monday, October 24, 2016

"Have y'all checked out Fawn Tree??"

I'm really a missionary!

Well, I fell this week, not a surprise.  We were on bike week.  We have a car share but we're supposed to ride bikes one week out of every four.  So last night we were in a trailer park and Hermana Thornton was riding her bike with no hands and standing up on the pedals... like Titanic style.  Of course I tried to do the same thing and I was doing a really good job!  I tried to go around a speed bump and I almost made it... but then I just fell.  I scraped up my knee pretty bad and now it's swollen but it's all good.  It was also really embarrassing, but now it's kind of funny.  By the way, Hermana Thornton peed her pants because she was laughing so hard. :)
Ouch!
Monday night.  It's looking sore, but feeling much better.
After district meeting on Tuesday, Hermana Thornton were walking back to our apartment when we saw a guy walking in front of us with a huge dog.  The dog was probably the biggest dog I've ever seen.  We were walking along and we said hi to this guy.  And then a couple seconds later, he turns around and yells to us, "Have y'all checked out Fawn Tree??"  We were so confused about what he was talking about, so we caught up to him and talked to him.  He told us that there's lots of nice people who are really open to different ideas on Fawn Tree Lane and that we should go check it out and look for people to teach there.  Then he told us that he lives over by Fawn Tree.  We asked him if there are people that speak Spanish up on Fawn Tree and he said that there are and his wife speaks Spanish.  We asked if we could go teach his family some time and he said yes.  We went by twice this week, but his wife happened to not be there both times.  We couldn't stay because we have to have a female there, but we're planning on going back again this week when his wife will be there.  That's the really random story of the Fawn Tree guy.  We'll see what happens.

District Meeting - serious
Thornton, Keller, Spencer, Gonzalez, Cepeda, Jorgensen, front= Clark
,n
District Meeting - happy
Thornton, Keller, Spencer, Gonzalez, Cepeda, Jorgensen, front= Clark

District Meeting - silly
Thornton, Keller, Spencer, Gonzalez, Cepeda, Jorgensen, front= Clark
District Meeting - This guy is... uh... remarkable?
Thornton, Keller, Cepeda, Jorgensen, Spencer, Gonzalez, front= Clark

District Meeting - ...or just funny!
Thornton, Keller, Cepeda, Jorgensen, Spencer, Gonzalez, front= Clark
One of the times we went up to visit the Fawn Tree guy, we were walking because my bike had a flat tire.  We ended up talking to this guy in his driveway that we wouldn't have talked to if we were riding our bikes or in a car.  He had all these perfect questions so we taught him all about the restoration.  He was telling us that Mormons have this glow and that all the stuff we were saying makes a lot of sense.  Unfortunately(?), he speaks English so we are going to give his name to the English speaking elders.

I forgot to say Happy Birthday to Adele last week!!  I thought about you and I hope you had a really good day! 

This week has gone by so slow and so fast at the same time.  We just teach and find and teach and find all day every day.  But I'm doing good and loving it.


We went and got lunch last week at a place right by our apartment called Las Palmas.

Hermana Thornton

Me - toasting with chips and salsa

I hope you have a good week and if you need something to do, write me a letter please!  Mail is my favorite and I promise I will write you back!


Love, Arianna