Dear to the Heart of the Shepherd

Dear to the Heart of the Shepherd
John 10:11 "I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep."

Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Worst day ever.


Many apologies from me (Mom) for letting life get too busy to update.  I will try to do better.  :)  


This week I had the worst day ever but of couse that meant that I had really good days too because opposition in all things. 


I had been feeling really down about our lessons.  Not because they have been bad, but they haven't really been all that great and that's frustrating.  And then on Friday I think our lesson was really bad.  I felt like we were just talking about prayer and reading scriptures... AGAIN... and not really saying anything and the Spirit was not there.  It was just really dull.  We had also had our first real companionship inventory, which was fine, but kinda awkward.  So after our crap lesson, Satan was just bashing on me and telling me that I need to be so much better... better teacher, better, companion, etc.  So that was a rough evening. I  cried a lot.  But then we talked to our teacher about how the lesson went and her advise to us was to work on opening up more and saying what we feel.  Then, yesterday we taught the same investigator again for the first time since the dull lesson.  We taught repentance and baptism.  The spirit was totally there and I felt really good about it.  My favorite thing I said during the lesson was about how sometimes, in addition to asking for forgiveness from God, we need to ask ourselves for forgiveness.  And I think that really resonated with her... and with me.  It was so good.


Also I love my district tons.  We hang out all day, every day so they're like my family here.  I'll miss them when we leave, but they're going to be great missionaries so it'll be good.

haha  Yesterday when we were at the computers studying Spanish, Hermana Art looked down underneath her desk and THERE WAS A GINORMOUS BUG UNDER THERE!  It was Satan!  Not really... but it could've been!  It was seriously like the size of my palm and ant-shaped.  And red.  AND THE SIZE OF MY PALM... AKA... GINORMOUS!!!  It was so gross.  But then one of the elders in my district picked it up with a piece of paper and put it outside.  Does Grandpa know about this bug?  What is it called?  What does it do??  Eat people?  lol
According to the internet - Sand Cricket?
According to my Grandpa Jay - Jerusalem Cricket





(Upon investigation, looks like this is what it was.  Ick!)







Also this week, we started the activity called Missionary as Progressing Investigator.  Which means that we get a new investigator to teach every day and it's someone in our district.  Elder Hepworth is teaching me and I'm teaching Elder Peterson.  It's really cool.  And then we're supposed to pick someone from home to be as the investigator.  I chose Katie Steidl.  It's really cool to feel what it's like to be taught and it's really going to help my teaching. 
Me, Elder Hepworth
Me, Elder Peterson
I wrote my family another letter this week.  I answered all your questions, Mom.  I had to write really small but I did it.  It should get there in about 2 weeks.  Have you gotten my first one with the mexican stamp yet?  (Yea!  I'm excited about that!  Nope.  Still waiting!) 

About two weeks ago, our teacher come in and told us there was going to be an earthquake at 11 and we were all like, wut?    But then at 11 a bunch of sirens went off and we all went outside.  Apparently Mexico City has city wide earthquake drills so that was kind of cool but was confusing at first.

I think that's all I've got.  I love you tons.  Please write me more letters. :)

Hermana Keller