Dear to the Heart of the Shepherd

Dear to the Heart of the Shepherd
John 10:11 "I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep."

Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Mexican Independence Day and more...

I have so many things to tell you about! 

Mexican Independence Day was so awesome!  In the evening, they put on a cultural show for us and danced.  It was so cool to see all the different types of Mexican Dances and honestly, it made me a little sad that the US doesn't have anything like that.  And it also made me miss being in Showtime and dancing.  The dancers were so in sync and it was just really cool.  I wish you all could've been there.  They also gave us a little better food on Independence Day.  For dinner, we had a taco bar thing and that was so good.  At the celebration, it was so fun to let loose and cheer and yell for an hour and a half because we're not supposed to act like that usually on the mish.









Mom and Grandma - I don't get Grandma's comments on the blog posts.  My companera is caucasian.  Her grandma is actually hispanic and grew up here in Mexico City and went to school here when it was a high school.  So she's a quarter Mexican.  But she's from the states.  The CCM is pretty much full immersion Spanish.  Kinda hard, but it's great.  The biggest Spanish mistakes  so far that we all make are using pescado vs pecado aka fish vs sin.  It's pretty funny.

Lynette and Mom - I'm surprised at how much Spanish I'm understanding.  I'm picking that up really quickly.  But I'm, of course, frustrated at how bad I still am at speaking Spanish.  I know I can't be perfect at this point, but I just wish I was fluent already! 

haha  Elder Pickering just told me, Mom, that you and his mom are Facebook friends and comparing letters.  haha  How's that going?  Am I doing a good job at writing?

Thank you Lynette and Lorna and Lisa for the letters this week.  And Dylan and Dad and Samantha and Mom and Savanah.  I totally get the most letters in my district and they make fun of me but I love it anyway, the letters, not the making fun of me.  lol 

This week, Hermana Art was having a hard time and she asked for a blessing.  Elders Lemon, Kesler, Hepworth, and Pickering gave it to her.  It was the first time I had ever seen someone my age give a blessing and it was so cool to know that they're worthy to do that.  I mean, I guess I knew before because they're here.  But it was still really cool.  And all the things Elder Kesler said were things that I know she needed to hear.  I had been praying for her as well and I know that some of the things he said to her were an answer to my prayers for her.  It was just awesome.

I tried out with another flute song this week.  A Poor Wayfaring Man of Grief arranged I think by Bebee, of course.  Playing the flute reminds me of home and I love it.  I'm going to play a week from Sunday when we're all waiting for General Conference to start.  I'm so pumped!



Have you gotten any of my handwritten letters yet?  I think you can't handwrite me anything until I get back to the US because it won't get to me in time.  Less that 3 more weeks until regular American food!  Every day we comment about how we're grateful to be going back to the states even though we love Mexico because the US is home.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Send Arianna a free letter HERE.  When you to the page, click on FREE LETTER link at the top of the page.  They print it for you and deliver it directly to the CCM.  These letter are great because she can read them again and again.  For now, she can only access email once/week.  :)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A couple of days ago, my district went around and told why we're here. It was really awesome. I love my district and it was so cool to hear all the different backgrounds we all come from and the different experiences. I'll be sad when we leave and I won't see them every day.


This is our classroom and I am always cold.
I wish I'd brought more sweaters!!
ANYWAY, I should probably finish up. Mom, I'll work on answering all of your questions you sent me.  Love you tons!

Hermana Keller

I was able to get on during her computer time and ask her where the flute came from.  I also mentioned that I hope she gets along with Elder Pickering (who is also going to Arkansas) because they'll probably be working together for her entire mission.

The flute belongs to the CCM. Kinda crappy. Like Samantha's marching flute. But whatevs. I love it. 

Me and Elder Pickering are friends so it's cool. He's kind of a goofball, but that makes it fun. :)
Elders Pickering doing his thing.  We love him for it!
Elder Pickering really knows how to have fun!
We're so lucky to have him in our group!
And I'm so lucky he's going to the ALRM!
I can't wait to add some pictures.  She left her cord at home to transfer pictures from her camera.  She'll get it in Arkansas and then send me some pictures for you all to enjoy!