Dear to the Heart of the Shepherd

Dear to the Heart of the Shepherd
John 10:11 "I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep."

Monday, January 22, 2018

Tracting struggles, spiritual answers



While with Sister Brumett, we decided to go knock on a door after our appointment. A girl that looked about 17 answered the door and she was super nice. We talked for a bit and even shared a scripture with her from the Book of Mormon. It all went really well and we set up a return appointment for the next day to come and teach her whole family. 
Later that night, I saw we had a missed call so I called the number back and said we had a missed call from that number. A woman answered but gave the phone to a man. He proceeded to almost yell at us for stopping by and talking to his granddaughter. He said we shouldn't have made her read from our book and he knows what we believe and wants nothing to do with it. It wasn't very nice. But I apologized and told him it wasn't our intention to offend him so I think I handled it pretty ell.

This week, I did a scripture study in chapter 4 of Preach My Gospel. The questions, concerning missionary work, were: Where should I go? What should I do? What should I say? And then the scriptures had the answers! I figured that the scriptures would say something along the lines of: you should go where the Spirit directs you, you should do what the Spirit tells you to do, and you should say what the Spirit tells you to say. And I was right! :) 
The Spirit is so important in missionary work. The longer I am a missionary, the more I realize I have no idea what I'm doing and how much I need the Spirit. Only with the Spirit can I find all that the Lord has prepared to hear His gospel and if I follow the Spirit 100% of the time, I will see miracles.
          Have a great week! Love, Hermana Keller