Dear to the Heart of the Shepherd

Dear to the Heart of the Shepherd
John 10:11 "I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep."

Monday, December 18, 2017

Trusting God


This week, as we were on our way to a meeting on Friday, we had just crossed the Mississippi and were in West Memphis, when we saw a car straddling the lane line. It was very odd but then it kind of drifted back over towards the far side of it's lane so President Faulkner sped up to pass it. Right as we were in the car's blind spot, it started drifting back towards us. The car got really close to our car. President Faulkner started honking the horn and Sister Johnston started yelling that the driver was asleep. It was so scary but right before he hit us, he started drifting the other way. We called 911 to let them know and said a prayer for him. I am so glad Heavenly Father watches out for his missionaries!

In my BoM reading this week, I read Alma 38 and I love verse 5:

And now my son, Shiblon, I would that ye should remember, that as much as ye shall put your trust in God even so much ye shall be delivered out of your trials, and your troubles, and your afflictions, and ye shall be lifted up at the last day.

I think trusting in God is one of the biggest lessons I've learned on my mission. It's not enough for me to trust him most of the time or even 99% of the time. But when I give him my all and fully submit my will to his, then that's when I'll be delivered from my trials. And with that, every burden can be made light, sadness can be made happy, and we will be lifted up at the last day. And all of that just because God is our loving Heavenly Father!

Exchanges with Oxford

Welcome to Memphis

Merry Christmas from Hermana Keller and Sister McNall