Dear to the Heart of the Shepherd

Dear to the Heart of the Shepherd
John 10:11 "I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep."

Monday, December 11, 2017

Being Better Leaders and Servants

This week, the zone leaders called and asked us to read Matt. 20:25-28. After we did, they asked us to think about what we can do to be better leaders and better servants. I studied that one day this week, and as I was clicking on the footnotes on my iPad, I saw something that talked about humility and then something else about repentance in relation to those verses. So the answer I came up with about how I can be a better leader is by being humble and continually repentant. I think that's important because those are the things I need to do to have the spirit with me.
On my mission, I've been so surprised at how I don't actually know what I'm doing. I'm still only 21 years old, but Heavenly Father trusts me to help him bring salvation to his children. I don't want to mess up. But what I'm learning is that as long as I have the spirit with me, then I won't mess up. The key to being a successful missionary is living worthy of the spirit always so that He can always tell us what to do. And I think the same thing applies with a leadership position. I need to be constantly worthy of the spirit so I can know what the best way to serve those around me is.
Exchanges: Sister Jones, Hermana Keller, Sister Smith
Paint Memphis! :)
  
Headed to West Memphis. Fun fact: West Memphis is a town in Arkansas! LOL. It's across the Mississippi River from Memphis, TN. We had to go across to West Memphis to get our TIWI fixed. 

Headed back to Memphis, TN. Fun fact #2: TIWI is a device that are in the missionaries' cars that monitors driving and reminds them not to speed, etc.