Dear to the Heart of the Shepherd

Dear to the Heart of the Shepherd
John 10:11 "I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep."

Monday, May 8, 2017

Tennessee, Temple, and Transfer.

Hermana Olsen had an appointment in Memphis this week , so we drove by the temple for a picture.
We get to go inside during our birthday month, but it's getting closed in the fall,
 so I may not be able to go again during my mission.  :(

And then we drove by my Uncle Lawrence's house.  He's my Grandma Sylvia's little brother.  It was pretty disappointmenting that they weren't home - so I left a note.  But, I mean, that happens to us a lot.  He's kind of in the far northwest part of Memphis so I don't know if I'll be able to go back.  But that was fun.

So, yeah... I'm going to Memphis to be with Hermana Petty!  I've spent all of my mission so far (except for 10 days in Batesville) in Little Rock, so I'm excited about a change!.  I'm sad to be leaving Little Rock (again) because I love it here, but I know Hermana Quigley will take care of it.  I think Hermana Quigley will do an amazing job of taking over Little Rock.  She works hard, her Spanish is great, she wants the best for our investigators, and she loves the people in Little Rock.  I love Hermana Olson and I am excited for her to do great things in Lakeland. 

Samantha is working on her mission papers had her medical appointments this week! And she was supposed to have her last bishop's interview yesterday. I am so excited for her!! Finals were this past week for my mom and my sister and I'm happy for them that they've started their summer break and will have more time to do fun family things. My sister is putting her availability date as her birthday in August and I'm just so excited for her to be a missionary too!

In the transfer van on Thursday, the ZLs and STLs talked a little about the zone and about how the Hermanas all teach the same because we're just companions with each other. And they talked about how baptism isn't the focus enough in the zone. And I'm excited to take what I learned from them and change and do better! This transfer, I really want to have baptism as a focus all the time and I want to be really in tune with the spirit so that I can always be asking inspired questions. 

On Friday (still in Little Rock), we were biking for a while and we were getting really hot so we decided to take a short break and go inside. So we went to a Hispanic ice cream shop nearby. And not very long after we got there, 5 Jehovah's Witness missionaries came in. And they sat down by us and started talking to us. They were nice and we talked about what we do and they asked why we decided to dedicate our time even though we are young, etc. And they told us a little about what they do. It was a nice chat and they were friendly. And then all of a sudden, after we had been talking to them for a while, they started giving us cards and telling us to check out the website, etc. It was a little unexpected but then we traded and gave them cards too.
             
Jehovah's Witnesses need a break too.  :)  
During zone meeting, I realized how robotic my contacts are because I say the same thing in every one. I ask questions that I don't care about the answer to and I'm not really invested in each potential because each one is the same to me. And that was pretty frustrating to realize. So during one of my studies, I studied the asking questions part of PMG and started a list of questions that I always use. (The list was an invitation from Elder Jorgensen after we talked about how all the contacts are the same) And then I've been working and role playing my contacts and I realized how hard it is to change! It's harder to listen to the spirit and try to ask inspired questions than it is to just ask the same questions all the time. It's definitely still a work in progress, but it's going to get tons better!

Love you all!

Hermana Keller

Good bye, Little Rock, Arkansas!
Rivera's.  Some of my very favorite people.
Lori Lane...on the way to the Barrientos.  Always makes me think of you, Mom!
Relief Society activity right after I found out I was leaving.
We went to the Capital for my last P-day in Little Rock...

Hello Memphis, Tennessee!!!
Thie Mississippi river separates the Little Rock side from the Memphis side.
Petty, Wilson, Hunt, Thornton