Dear to the Heart of the Shepherd

Dear to the Heart of the Shepherd
John 10:11 "I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep."

Monday, October 16, 2017

Homies.

We went and saw Miguela, our recent convert, this week (because we see her every week jaja) and she is doing super awesome still.  It's been amazing to see the change in her.  When I first got to Memphis, she was really struggling to read in the Book of Mormon and even more to understand and remember it.  She was having a hard time understanding what we were saying when we were teaching and she was so scared to set a baptismal date and be baptized without her daughter.  But as we've worked with her and as she's increased her faith and trusted in Heavenly Father, she's been able to understand everything better and better.  I know it's because the influence of the Holy Ghost is stronger and stronger in her life!  We talked a about temples and I am pretty sure she is planning on going through to get her endowments as soon as she reaches that one year mark.  She also understood everything so well and I am so proud of her!

I was studying the Successful Missionary section in Preach My Gospel and there is an activity where you compare Abinidi and Ammon in their missionary work.  We all know now at they are two amazing missionaries and we all want to be like them, but the immediate results of their efforts to preach the gospel were very different.  While Ammon baptized TONS of people, Abinidi was killed by the people he was trying to teach repentance to.  The question in Preach My Gospel is were they both successful?  My answer is yes.  It made me think about how even though Abinidi didn't seem successful at first, his efforts resulted in the conversion of almost all of King Noah's people either through Alma or through King Limhi and his people.  I also thought about what were the common factors in Ammon and Abinidi if they were both successful, even though their stories are different.  They both were obedient to the commandments, they both testified with the spirit, they both did their best, they both diligently warned people of the consequences of sin, and they both desired the salvation of those they served. I know that if I do those things, I will be a successful missionary. The chances of my mission ending like Ammon's or Abinidi's are not too high, if I do those things, I will baptize all that the Lord has prepared for me. 

Being a missionary on fb is kind of hard but we're figuring it out. 
Some homies that showed us where hispanics live.
Lupita, Gabriella's daughter
Lupita, Gabriella's daughter
Akari Trejo
Missionary tribute: Come Unto Christ 
Love you all, 
Hermana Keller