Dear to the Heart of the Shepherd

Dear to the Heart of the Shepherd
John 10:11 "I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep."

Monday, September 25, 2017

Facebook. WUT?!?!

This week in zone conference, we got Facebook! (Wut.)  So now all the missionaries in my mission can use Facebook as a way to try and share the gospel with more people. I t's kind of weird but it's good.  Yesterday, we were talking to Hermano Benitez about how we can use Facebook now and everything.  He said, "You can ask your friends if they know anyone you can teach on Facebook now!"  And I said: "Yeah! Hermano, do you know anyone I can teach on Facebook?"  And he said, "Yes! I have friends in my country and friends I know from my country that are in Spain right now.  I will be looking on my newsfeed and when I see the names of the people you should teach, I'll send them to you!"  He was so excited.  It was awesome! 

Also on Friday, we went to an appointment with a potential investigator and I didn't know if she would be there because she has a super busy work schedule.  But we went by and she was there so we taught her!  We had a really good lesson using the How to Begin teaching points and then showing her the Because of Him video.  (My favorite video. If you haven't seen it, go watch it!)  At then at the end of the lesson, I had the thought to ask her for her Facebook information because she's always busy.  I was really scared because I had never done that before and also I don't want to be weird and creepy.  But I said something along the lines of:  We know you're busy, but do you have Facebook?  Maybe we could add you as a friend and send you another video or something to watch this week.  And she said yes!  So now we're going to go add her and hopefully teach her on Facebook too.

So go add me on Facebook and let me know if you have any friends I can teach! :)

Also we went by Gabriella's this week to read in the Book of Mormon with her and her two kids, Ricardo and Lupita.  They are the cutest ever.  Gabriella mentioned that Lupita LOVES reading and wants to read every pamphlet.  She said that Lupita wants to read the Book of Mormon, but Gabriella suggested that she read the pamphlets instead because the Book of Mormon is hard to read and she's only 7.  But it's okay because we're going to bring her the Book of Mormon for children this week.  The funniest thing was that Gabriella said Lupita found the law of chastity pamphlet and wanted to read it because it was new.  Gabriella luckily stopped her and said maybe later and told her to read one of the word of wisdom pamphlet instead.  jajajajajajajajaja 

Hermana Robles, Keller, Elders Merrill, Sotomarino, Short, Smalley 
We got a ride with Hermana Dunn to the General Woman's Conference because we were taking a bike day.  When we got to the church about 5 minutes after the conference started (an English Ward and a Spanish branch go here for church), there was only one other car in the parking lot.  It was Hermana Tudon.  (Also we have soccer nights on Saturdays)  It was so weird that no one was there and the church was locked and all the lights were off.  We unlocked the church, the 4 of us went inside, and looked around.  There wasn't even a TV set up for us to watch the conference on.  (Hna Dunn had called some of the hermanos on Friday and they said everything would be set up)  Hna Dunn started calling the branch presidency and no one was available or close by.  Also the wifi was weirdly turned off so we couldn't just watch it on our iPad.  She called the Relief Society President who was almost at the church with her husband.  She got there at about 7:30.  And then the 6 of us sat in the relief society room, in the dark, watching the conference on the Relief Society President's phone.  It was the weirdest thing ever.
Us... watching the General Women's Conference... on a phone... in the dark.


Memphis Tennessee temple

Love you all!
Hermana Keller