Dear to the Heart of the Shepherd

Dear to the Heart of the Shepherd
John 10:11 "I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep."

Monday, January 16, 2017

I miss pants.

P-day is my favorite and a big part of that is because I get to wear pants.  I miss pants.  I miss being warm.  Oh, well.  I thought wearing skirts every day would be a lot harder for me than it is.  I'm really thankful for that.  

Today we went over to the Rivera's to start "teaching" Jaelyn.  Yader ended up teaching the lesson and showing us the Powerpoint he had put together.  It was really cute.  :)  And then we did our activity, which was a puzzle that we had made from the picture of Joseph Smith reading a bible.  We wrote on the back of the puzzle pieces things that we have because of the restoration, like the priesthood, primary, missionaries, etc.  I think the girls liked it.  Or maybe they just liked using the tape we were using to tape the puzzle together.  Or both.  And then they fed us, which was really great.  I like it when people feed us.

We went to Nury's house for dinner this week   She told us her conversion story and then just about her life in general.  While she was opening up and talking to us, I just felt like I should share a talk I have been planning on sharing in a different lesson.  It's called God Shall Wipe Away All Tears.
I shared with her the last part where it talks about it we have done our very best and endured in faith, then God will lift our burdens and wipe away our tears.  And then she bore her testimony about how she knows that that is true, which was so cool.  Then Hermana Macfarlane asked her to share that testimony next Fast and Testimony Meeting.   I hope she does!  

A little excitement...but not really.  We also drove up to NLR to cambiar (change) companions.  Hermana Brown apparently had bed bugs in Batesville a couple of weeks ago so they all have to dry their bedding every day and stuff.  Elder what's-his-name-that's-in-charge-of-bed-bugs said that they aren't cleared to do day exchanges until next week.  So, we drove back.

We had a day where Hermana Thornton and I were on fire!  Like for real, with the Spirit.  We've both gotten a lot more bold.  We had an investigator share with us James 2:19.  She told us that she understands that since it says Dios es una, that God, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Ghost are one person.  We then talked a little bit about how we can all interpret the scripture differently and we need the Book of Mormon.  It can help us understand what is really being said.  We then asked her what she had hoped to get out of meeting with us and why she let us in the first time we came over.  She said she was just interested in knowing what we believe and that she had thought that we were Jehovah's Witnesses.  She then asked us what our purpose is.  We told her that we are here to invite others to come unto Christ and to help them increase their relationship with their Heavenly Father, specifically, through helping people make covenants like baptism with God.  We told her that that is why we have asked her to read the Book of Mormon and pray about it.  We told her that the Book of Mormon is the keystone of our church and that that means that if it's true, then the trinity are 3 seperate people and everything else is true.  And if it's not true, then nothing else is true.  We told her it's important for her to read with an open mind and pray sincerely to know if it's true because that's how she's going to know if it's true or not.  We were bold but told her that we want to share this with her because we love her.  She seemed willing to really read and pray before we come back.

We were able to visit Monica again.  While we were studying for her lesson this morning, I asked Hna M if she thought Monica would get a big answer all at one time or if she thought it would come a little at a time.  And then I thought of the Modelos de Luz videos with David A. Bednar.  And as soon as I asked that question, Hermana Thornton asked if I had ever seen the Modelos de Luz videos with David A. Bednar... so we decided that Monica needed to see them.  :) 

The next day Hermana Selles came teaching with us!  She opened right up when we got there and told Monica her whole story and helped her feel more comfortable.  We read in the Book of Mormon and Hermana Selles shared her testimony of the things we read.  We sang I Love to See the Temple, and explained eternal families and baptisms for the dead.  I loved teaching with Hna Selles!  I can't wait to do it again.  I think the Selles family will really help the branch be a ward!

I got to play my flute in Stake Conference.  I played prelude tonight and I killed it.  Bro Oistad was floored becuase everyone just sat there and it was quiet for the most part.  He said, "That was the first time ever that people were just quiet for the prelude!"  So that made me feel really good.  (This video is the practice beforehand.)
I ALSO TRANSLATED TONIGHT!!  I translated the closing prayer and it was so scary but I did it and I am so proud of myself!  I'm super excited to be better at translating one day.  :)  I loved playing in Stake Conference too.  I love playing my flute and so I'm so grateful that I got the chance to play.  After, Bro Oistad told me that they were going to find someone for me to marry here and that I would never leave.  haha  It was so weird... but it felt really good to play.  I am so grateful, Mom, that you made me play and practice always and that President Wakolo is letting me keep my flute here.  He was at the Conference last night and told me, "Good job."  I was pretty nervous to play for him.  :)  But it worked out really well. 

Hermana Thornton forgot her hair stuff so she said she looked like Hermione with her frizzy hair. Haha

 We finally made one of our gingerbread houses you sent!
                 

                 

May you all be very McBlesd this week!  :) 

Love you all, Arianna